How to Use Meditation Candles
If you haven’t heard meditation and meditation candles go together like peanut butter and jelly in the wellness space. Meditation is gaining in popularity as a mind and body practice in the U.S. According to 2017 research meditation is now second to yoga at 14.2% with services provided by Chiropractors at 10.3%.
Take a look at statistics provided by The Good Body which confirms the interest in meditation is growing.
- Over 14% of US adults have tried meditation at least once.
- Since 2012 the number of people practicing meditation has tripled.
- Women are more likely to meditate than men.
- The value of the meditation market is set to double from $1.2 billion in 2017 to $2 billion by 2022.
- General wellness is the number one reason people give for meditating.
- It is believed that globally between 200 and 500 million people meditate.
When I started practicing yoga in 2008, I was also, introduced to meditation and it was difficult at first. I was familiar with mindfulness, but I was unfamiliar with the tools and techniques needed to build a consistent meditation practice. Yoga, a moving meditation was my primary practice until I decided to become a yoga instructor in 2010. Once I completed training to become a yoga instructor, I acquired a toolkit full of techniques designed to help people meditate with a sense of ease and familiarity. One simple technique I learned includes using meditation candles.
Using candles during meditation has been around for thousands of years. Meditation candles are wellness products that many in the wellness industry use during meditation and for mood enhancement. The flickering flame from a candle during meditation has the ability to focus the mind, while the aroma from the meditation candle appeals to the senses and the light in a dim room captures your attention allowing you to be present and open.
Now let’s select a meditation candle online.
HOW TO SELECT A CANDLE FOR MEDITATION
Meditation candles are common wellness products that can be easily purchased online. When selecting meditation candles online consider the following:
- Non-Toxic candle
- Preferred Scents
- Burn Time
- Type of meditation
The Genesis candle collection is a wonderful for those who are new to meditation. Our meditation candles are vegan. Specifically, natural soy and coconut wax with a 90-hour burn time. There are four wooden-wick candles in the Genesis collection offering an exclusive blend of fine fragrances:
- Mahogany, Amber & Lavender
- Sweet Grass & Sage
- Bergamot & Vanilla
- Eucalyptus & Mint
Meditation candles may be used with any type of meditation. As a Christian I use meditation candles along with scriptures or biblical affirmations while meditating with God. Here are some simples steps that you can use when practicing meditation.
HOW TO USE MEDITATION CANDLES
- Find a quiet room with minimal distractions for your meditation practice
- Set the room temperature and dim the lights
- Put a meditation candle on a safe surface in front of you at the same level as your eyes approximately 20 inches away from you
- Light your meditation candle and find a comfortable seat
- Soften your eyes and gaze at the flame
- Allow the flame to occupy your mind and breathe the light in and out with steady breathing
- If your eyes begin to water, you may close them and envision the light in your mind’s eye
- When I meditate, I am reminded that Jesus said, he is the light of the world. As you meditate relax and gaze at the flame. Consider what the light represents for you. Then breathe in and breathe out as you enjoy this 10-min candle meditation.
Buy meditation candles online here.
I also update my Blog with articles on living a life rooted in faith. Here is an article for physical health and well-being you may enjoy reading: 5 TIPS FOR PHYSICAL HEALTH & WELLBEING
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.